Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WITNESS... King Taco

I've been hearing about this chain of taco shops in the SoCal Area. They are mainly in LA County. So, after attending the 2009 NBA Championship Celebration at the LA Coliseum with the LOS ANGELES LAKERS...

We found ourselves in the Long Beach location of King Taco. This is a lot like your typical taco shops. You simply go to the counter, place your order, and wait for your number to be called for pick up.

Today, I went for the Puro Carne Carne Asada Burrito. This is a great item for any taco shop menu. A burrito where you don't have to tell the counter "No beans, no rice, etc." It's just a simple burrito with some onions, cilantro, and their hot sauce (aka Salsa). Let me warn you now, the hot sauce definitely has a kick. So, use your best judgement. If you're unsure, I'd suggest getting it on the side. The burrito is great. It's not huge like most places where you feel like a lard arse after eating. It's just the right size (about the size your fists together). The meat has great flavor. The lime juice is very distinct. I won't lie to you, I can be kinda oily under that tortilla. Then again, what true taco shop doesn't have oily food?

I also ordered a couple of Tacos Al Pastor. I felt compelled to do it because I saw that they actually have the Al Pastor cooking on the spit in the mexican rotisserie thing. It looked just like the street tacos you see in Tijuana. The tacos were average for me. I remember the street tacos having more of a pineapple essence to them. Its probably because the place I went to had a pineapple at the top of the spit. King Taco had an onion on the top of their spit. The Hot Sauce (aka The Salsa) was a bit overpowering for these little gems. Next time I would probably tell them to ease up on the sauce when its going on any tacos.

All in all, not a shabby meal for under Ten Bucks. I'd definitely hit up one of their locations again. They have a pretty vast menu. I just went with my typical go to items since it was my first time at any of their establishments.

Till next time...
Peace Out.

King Taco (Keep in mind they have several locations)
1841 Long Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90806

(562) 218-9118


I'm From LA Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment