Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crikey... An Australian Bar in San Diego

This past weekend, the Wife ran the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon (she finished in 4:28:00). I think she's Kenyamese (a Vietnamese Kenyan)... okay, dumb joke. Anyway, before leaving "America's Finest City", we grabbed some lunch at this Australian Bar called Bondi.

There are two bars in the place which looks like it could be a happenin' place at night.

The weird thing about this place was the table. Imagine an upside down wooden "U-shape". Then sticking your legs under there. Kinda strange right?

I've never been Australia, so I couldn't tell you what's really Aussie Food. But, this menu looked a lot like an English/ Irish Fusion menu.

So I went with the Bangers & Mash. This one is a little different than what I'm used to seeing (at Irish pubs). They put this brown gravy with onions over everything. And, they throw in some carrots and peas. All in this plate sized cast iron skillet. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda dig having the Irish Style bangers & mash with a side of steamed cabbage. This gravy kinda throws it off. I also asked for some spicy mustard (Irish pubs usually have Coleman's Mustard... good stuff). All they had was regular yellow mustard... boring. All in all, it was okay. It looked better than it tasted.

There was one thing that kept us entertained while dining here. Our waiter, although had an Aussie accent, reminded us of Aldous Snow from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. So the accent was a little off, but still hilarious.

The wife kept on singing this song every time he walked away from our table.


Maybe it's better spot to hang out at during the night.



Peace Out Kids.

Bondi
333 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 342-0212

I'm from LA Trick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment