Thursday, June 18, 2009

Medaterra- Washington DC

The wife is Washington DC this week for work. I decided to meet up with her to check out the District. Since I arrived pretty late, our options for dinner were limited. Luckily, just down the street were a row of restaurants. We decided to try out Medaterra, a Mediterranean bistro. It was already 10:30pm. Luckily they were still willing to serve us.

The wife went with the hummus topped with spicy lamb. Unfortunately, they ran out of the regular hummus. They offered us the herb hummus instead. We went with it. I couldn't tell you exactly what herbs are in there. It was nothing too spectacular. But we really had no complaints either.

I've been sitting on a couple planes all day, so I was ready for a nice dinner. So, I ordered their braised lamb shank. I enjoyed how it was prepared in a very simple matter. The lamb was tender and juicy. A light fresh tomato sauce was placed over the meat along with with a side of rice. It was a great meal for under $20. The service was great considering we walked in not too long before closing time.

I'll keep you posted with more joints in and around the District during our stay out here.
Till next time... peace out.

Medaterra
2614 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008-1521
(202) 797-0400


I'm From LA Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment