Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ted's Montana Grill

Cruising around Larimer Square in Downtown Denver, there was something I noticed about the restaurants. They all closed up shop from 2:00pm till 5:00pm. Me being the Angelino that I am, I thought only Japanese restaurants did this. Luckily, we found this joint called Ted's Montana Grill. I know, I know... I'm in Denver... Why would I go to a "Montana" grill? When you find yourself aimlessly wandering the streets of a town you are unfamiliar with, and have a growling stomach... anything will do.

As we waited for a table, our friend (a Coloradan who was stuck at work) gave us a call to see what we were up to. I told her that we were inside this fine establishment we fell upon. She promptly replied "ewww". Not to be deterred, we headed to our table.

Apparently, this is a chain restaurant. But, this chain hasn't reached California, so it was all new to us.

The wife ordered the Bison chili.

We thought it was great, especially in the cold Colorado winter. It is chock full of ground bison, onions, beans, cheese, and jalepenos. To be honest, the bison is just as good as beef. If no one would have told me, I would have assumed it was beef.

I went for the George's Cadillac Bison Burger.

The waitress recommends going a little more rare than you are accustomed to with beef. So, I went medium rare. The reason being, that bison is much leaner than beef. It can get tough if you over cook it.

This burger was great. The bison was very juicy and flavorful. It tasted just like beef. The bonus is that it is considered "healthier" than beef. But, the bacon I had in there probably cancelled out the healthiness of the burger.

I'm not sure what our Coloradan friend was smoking. We had a great lunch. The meals were hearty and not too pricey. It's kind of like eating at a TGIF's at home.

Ted's Montana Grill
1401 Larimer Square
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 893-0654
www.tedsmontanagrill.com



I'm from LA Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment