Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kitchen 24

About a week before the biggest fight of 2009, Nike decided to throw on a question and answer session with the Pride of the Philippines, Manny Pacquiao. It was held at the Montalban Theater in Hollywood.

After the event, the wife & I decided to roam the local area for a place to eat. Behind the theater (about 2 streets back) we found a place called Kitchen Twenty Four.

It is a modernized 24 hour diner.

As you can see, this ain't your run of the mill Denny's.

We started with the Smac & Cheese. I wanted the bacon, but the bosslady wanted something "healthier". "Fine," I said. "We'll have the Black Forest Ham".

Let me tell you, this mac & cheese was pretty incredible. I was a bit concerned with there being peas in this dish. In the end, they worked well in there. It made me think it was at least a little bit healthy. But, the smokiness of the ham is what really made this one a winner. Could you imagine what this could have been like with bacon? Chicks & their health conscienceness!

I didn't let the main squeeze stop me when it came to the entree. I was famished, and a salad wouldn't cut it. Enter the Chicken Fried Pork Chop.

It was exactly as described... a Pork Chop cooked like fried chicken. The batter was rather light, so it didn't consume the chop. The apples on the chop were great. Most places I've been, they do some applesauce type shenanigans. I dig the sweet and savory vibe. Accompanying the chop (it could have used an extra chop) were asparagus and mashed potatoes. The asparagus was your typical grilled asparagus. But, the mashed potatoes were interesting. They were really really dense. You know when you dig in to a typical serving of mashed taters, they can be fluffy? Not these. They were solid. It was almost like eating a skinned baked potato. It just made this dish all the more filling.

The wife went with a Grilled Veggie Sandwich on a French Roll. I can't tell you much about this one. To be honest, I didn't touch it. But, she did tell me that the cheese (slice of mozzarella, I think) wasn't melted. Apparently, the menu called for melted cheese.

This is definitely one of those joints you can hit up after a long night of partying on the Sunset Strip.

Kitchen Twenty Four
1608 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 465-2424
www.kitchen24.info



I'm From LA Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment