Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lucile's Creole Cafe

After a long night watching the best pound for pound Filipino boxer win his 7th title, we were looking forward to a hearty breakfast. Our Coloradan friend took us to Lucile's Creole Cafe. I know, creole in Denver? Crazy, right?

If you ever try this place make sure to get there early. The wait can be pretty long. Apparently, this place has a huge following.

Once we finally sat down, I noticed a couple things on the table. I'm not sure if they make their own stuff, but it looked like it. They have their own ketchup, hot sauce, and jams. I also noticed that each table had two flavors of jam, and the two flavors varied from table to table.

But, this had to be a first for us. Beignets as a starter? Doesn't get any better than this. Don't let the picture fool you. They were pretty huge.

The homemade jams on the table made these even better.

For brunch, I went with the Pain Perdu.

I guess New Orleans style french toast means baguette french toast. Watch out for the Louisiana sausage. It is incredibly spicy. I mean, it was like they added chili powder over the already spicy sausage.

I also ordered a side of grits. My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

The grits are incredibly buttery. I think a whole stick of butter was melted in them. I personally enjoyed it, but if you're not a fan of excessive butter, you might want to steer clear of this one.

The meals also came with these fluffy biscuits. From what we could tell, this really draws in the crowds.

I washed it all down with their Mocha au lait. This is their signature hot chocolate that is made with Belgian chocolate, and a shot of espresso.

Here's a shot of one of the egg dishes called Farmer's Eggs. It has Potatoes, onions, peppers, cheddar cheese, sausage and three eggs all scrambled together. To be honest, it looks gnarly, but it tastes great. It is also incredibly hearty.


Lucile's Creole Cafe
275 South Logan St.
Denver, CO 80209
(303) 282-6258

www.luciles.com



I'm from LA Trick

No comments:

Post a Comment