Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vito's Deli in Hoboken NJ, its a serious Sandwich!

When I first moved into Hoboken NJ, some friends familiar with the neighborhood told me a few staples that I must visit. Amongst them are Amanda's, Arthur's Steakhouse, Napoli's Pizza and of course, Vito's Deli. Since I don't have too many experiences with Subs outside of Subway and Quiznos, I didn't know what the big deal was. That is until I tried it over the weekend and I was hooked. I ordered two sandwiches (the Sopranos and Vito's Special) for dinner tonight and took some pictures for you.

Vito's sandwiches are loaded with cold cuts, mutz and other toppings, each sandwich felt like a 5-lb. dumbell. The cold cuts (Roast Beef, Salami, Smoked Turkey, Pepperoni, etc...) are loaded with explosive taste. The red pepper offers a tangy (sweet/sour/peppery) taste which creates a unique contrast to blend out your palate. The freshly made mozzarella are thick and rich in flavors and best in town. The bread is nice and thick, just tough enough to give it a good texture but soft enough to chow down the entire hero w/o tiring your jaw bones. When taking a big bite into the sandwich, the combination of all the explosive flavors makes you appreciate how amazingly delicious a simple food can be.

If you are ever near Hoboken, I highly recommend Vito's Deli as a quick grub stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment